Loading...

Main Content

Dumont

Dumont’s corporate existence as a borough dates back to July 19, 1894 when a certificate of incorporation was filed under the name “Borough of Schraalenburg”, by which the area known as Dumont seceded territorially and politically from Old Palisades Township and perpetuated the Holland Dutch name by which the neighborhood embracing the present “Twin Borough” of Bergenfield and Dumont had been known since the time of the early settlers. The Borough’s name changed in 1898 in honor of the First Mayor, Dumont Clarke. Houses with historical background remain as landmarks from Colonial days and can still be found in Dumont, such as the Albert Zabriskie house built about 1750. It is part of the Dutch Colonial stone house at Number 2 Colonial Court, and is the oldest structure still standing in Dumont and registered by the American Historical Society.

Contact Us To Get Started

We have made a commitment to provide the most personalized and professional real estate services to our clients and customers.

We’re very happy to help you buy, sell, or rent a home. Send us a message and an agent from our team should get in touch shortly!